Our second program change will begin on Tuesday, January 19, 2021. There will no longer be “independent learning days”. All students must log in every day they are at home to all 5 classes. All Hankey middle school teachers will have contact with all students every day. Please note- this does not impact students’ onsite days! Program A students will still come to school on their color cohort days.
The changes will look like this:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, all GREY students must log in to their assigned classes from home and follow the bell schedule.
- Wednesdays and Fridays, all RED students must log in to their assigned classes from home and follow the bell schedule.
- Attendance will be taken every day.
- Special Education teachers will be reaching out to the families of students with IEPs to clarify details regarding support on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Each teacher will give further details of their newly restructured non-color cohort day class expectations prior to January 19, 2021.
As a reminder Hankey Middle School students will follow these school wide expectations:
• Log in to your class on time and stay logged in for the whole period
• Keep your camera on when requested by the teacher, and be engaged for the whole class period to be marked present
• Find a quiet place where you can unmute and participate
• Have an appropriate and distraction-free background/environment
• Wear school appropriate clothing and have an appropriate profile picture
• Eat before or after class
• Remember: All School Rules Apply
Students must have a device with BOTH a functioning microphone and camera to be able to successfully participate in classes while online. For those who do not have BOTH a functioning microphone AND camera on their computer, parents/guardians are expected to pick up a school-issued Chromebook from the library as soon as possible so that students do not fall further behind. If you have this need, please contact Ghada Ghosn GMGHOSN@capousd.org
Please feel free to email me with any questions you have (email@example.com). I will also be out at 1:40 tomorrow and Friday during Middle School dismissal to answer questions.
Dana Aguilera-Principal Hankey K8